Monday, November 26, 2007

Cruel Shoes


Ever read that collection of short stories written by Steve Martin? My sister had it when we were kids and I'm reminded of it every few days. It's the shoes I've been wearing to work. Every time I walk to the bathroom, the cafeteria, to my car, I think, "Cruel Shoes". My feet even have phantom pain when I'm not wearing them. They're new, and clearly I made a bad choice, but since I can't return them, I feel compelled to stick with them until they wear out so as not to waste the money.

Here's a link if you want to read the story. Think of me. If you scroll down, you'll see it in its entirety.
http://www.compleatsteve.com/miscellany/cruelshoes_1.htm

If you keep scrolling, you'll see another interesting story entitled, "The Diarrhea Gardens of El Camino Real" (yes, that's San Diego, friends), right after one of my faves, "Serious Dogs".


No comments: