Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maintain No Gain

And Other Wellness Programs Designed to Hamper Your Self Esteem

The company holiday wellness program starts next week. My co-worker and fellow Bootcamper, Jaimie, and I went and weighed in today. Basically if you don't gain any weight over the holdiays you're entered into a drawing to win $300. If you lose weight you get extra entries for each pound you lose. And our instructor is making the Bootcamp class participate (I'm only mostly kidding).

I never weigh myself because who cares what the number is as long as your jeans fit? But, alas, the scale did not say what I wanted it to say. Is it possible to lose 7 pounds over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years? Don't give me any grief about "only 7" - I'd love to lose 10- 15, but I'm trying to be realistic. I haven't weighed that little since....before I was married.

I wonder...will my lovely friends mind if I DON'T fill the M&M jar for their visit?

1 comment:

Thany said...

NO M&M's?!
I'm not coming.

Wait, how about you fill the jar and I will let you chase my kids? ;)