Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Abundance of Pie

I chickened out. I went to Costco today and picked up a pumpkin and an apple pie. For backup. I'm still going to make the pies I set out to make, but if they don't turn out...I have a safety net. Scott assures me that he will eat whatever is leftover.

No one would care if I brought a store pie - everyone knows I work and don't have an overwhelming amount of time, but my sister and my mom are SUCH good cooks, it just doesn't do their meal justice if I bring a purchased pie. But then there's every chance that Costco pie is better....we'll see. I'm mostly nervous about the pumpkin pie because I've never made one and I don't like it...so how will I know if I'm doing it right? Also baking at altitude is something different altogether.

Anywho...maybe you noticed it's only 3:45? I got off early today (yea!). I'm off to work on pie and I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

You did the right thing Sooz. Pumpkin pie can be tricky and no one will mind the Costco back up version.

Crayl said...

I hope the pie thing worked out, and above all , i hope you had a great Thanksgiving.